Adding this tart cherry recovery smoothie to your routine can be a huge benefit to your workout recovery plan. Did you know that tart cherries have the highest anti-inflammatory content of any food and therefore are an optimal post-workout snack?
Try consuming tart cherries (using this tart cherry recovery smoothie) for 7 days before a big exercise event such as a running race to minimize post-exercise muscle pain.
Tart Cherry Recovery Smoothie
Are you looking for a workout recovery snack that is also easy to whip together in minutes - or can even be made ahead of time? You’ll love this delicious smoothie - packed with protein, fibre and the anti-inflammatory benefits of tart cherries. Blend, sip and watch those muscles grow!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds can substitute hemp seeds
- 1 cup chopped kale can substitute spinach
- 2-3 ice cubes more if you're using fresh cherries
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency. Enjoy!