This is one of my favourite recipes that embodies the Mediterranean way of eating. I’m sold on anything that is tasty, easy and only takes one pan to make!
I also love the anti-inflammatory health benefits…
- Garlic can help fight the pain, inflammation and cartilage damage of arthritis.
- Extra-virgin olive oil has been studied to reduce C-reactive protein and other inflammatory markers in people who consumed 2 Tbsp per day.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene with impressive anti-inflammatory properties. And, your body can absorb even more of the lycopene when it is served with olive oil. (BONUS!)
Feel free to vary up the type of fish that you use (and even the vegetables). There are a few people who avoid tomatoes since they find that nightshade vegetables contribute to their joint pain. Feel free to add another Mediterranean type vegetable instead, like artichoke!
One Pan Mediterranean Dinner
I love this easy, one-pan meal that is quick and tasty and cleans up in a flash.
- 4 cod filets
- 1 bunch asparagus ends removed
- 1 cup kalamata olives drained
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 lemon sliced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450ºF and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the fillets in the middle of the pan. Add the asparagus, olives, garlic, and tomatoes around the fish.
Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with dill and pepper. Slice the lemon and place one onto each fillet. Squeeze juice from the rest of the lemon onto the vegetables. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Check if fillets are opaque all the way through and flake easily with a fork. If not, then cook for another few minutes. Serve & enjoy!