This blueberry smoothie is beautiful and delicious! It is nutrient dense, protein rich and contains healthy fats that will keep you satisfied all morning. Blueberries also have the added benefit of hiding virtually any colourful of vegetable, so the kale will go unnoticed!
Some notable health benefits:
- Blueberries provide serious antioxidant power that is especially well documented for it’s positive effects on the cardiovascular system, cognitive health and blood sugar management.
- Kale is part of the brassica family of vegetables and contains important nutrients that have a supportive role in eye health, cardiovascular benefits and anti-cancer effects.
- Almond butter provides heart healthy fats and actually lower your risk of weight gain. Yes, it’s true! An almond enriched diet is associated with sustained weight loss over a diet consisting of higher carbohydrate foods.
Blissful Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other nut or seed milk
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Special Tip: If you need some extra sweetness in your smoothie, feel free to add additional blueberries or an apple.